The last two times Celtic have won the league at Celtic Park both games were highly nervous occasions. Today was very different, and then some.

Congratulations to Martin O'neill and the rest of the bhoys for winning the league title with a performance full of verve and panache.
From the moment Hentik Larsson put Celtic one up in the first few minutes there was no doubt that this was going to be one of those great Paradise occasions and that the fans could sit back, enjoy the show and soak in the brilliant atmosphere.

The final 5-1 victory was just reward for what has been a long hard season and it is to their credit that the players could put on such a good performance this late in the season when legs and minds are tired.

Larsson's opener in the second minute was just what Celtic needed to calm the nerves and all due credit must go to man of the match Paul Lambert for working his way to the by-line and cutting the ball back to the six yard line for Henrik to strike the ball home.

The 60,000 crowd erupted in the brilliant sunshine and the Celtic players took their lead form the fans and adopted a confident manner for the rest of the first half.

With only 19 minutes on the clock it was 2-0 Celtic after Hartson Volleyed home a perfect Agathe cross from the penalty spot. The Celtic fans warmed to this and the songs of victory began to fill the air.

Six minutes later Hartson grabbed his 21st goal of the season, and settled the outcomer of the game, when he rose to nod home an inch perfect Guppy cross.

Guppy was finding lots of room on the left and six minutes later he was again the provider, this time it was Larsson who was on the end of his service to nod home and make it 4-0.

The huge Celtic following couldn't have hoped for a better first half performance and as the teams went in at the half time whistle the partying had started in earnest.

Despite their big half time lead Celtic still looked hungry for goals and Hartson and Larsson both came close before the Swede eventually got his hat trick on the hour mark when he was again set up by Lambert following a great pass into the box by Lennon.

Celtic eventually took their foot off the gas and Wilson grabbed a goal back on 72 minutes when Wilson hit home from the edge of the box.

There endeth the scoring and all that was left for the Celtic players, and their legions of fans, to do was Party.

The Premier League trophy was duly presented and the Players enjoyed their moment in the sun as they paraded the trophy around the stadium to the delight of the punters in the huge Parkhead stands.

There was time too for Martin O'neill and his backroom staff to take a well deserved bow in front of the fans.

The songs were sung, the trophy glistened in the afternoon sun and the Celtic fans headed off to celebrate another famous victory. The east - end of Glasgow became a vibrant and colourful background to the victory parties that would continue well into the night.